THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT 4 of 2013
Elquip Solutions is committed to protecting our right to privacy as a user of our website. It is our policy to respect the privacy of private communication.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully, and transparently.
Any information you provide to us through this website will be stored on our own secure servers, as well as on servers owned by Google within their Cloud infrastructure itself, subject to extremely high levels of security and compliant with all privacy legislation. Save for redundant replication across Google’s global infrastructure, we will not proactively transfer any information about you, or authorise its transfer outside of South African Boarders, unless otherwise agreed or informed.
We collect information about our users to help us continually improve the products and services we offer. We will also be sending you articles and other information which you may find of interest, and from which you may unsubscribe at any time.
Your consent will always be requested prior to allowing us to add you to our marketing list.
Elquip Solutions will always adhere to the UK Data Protection Legislation Act, which includes EU Regulation 2016/679 and General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), for our international clients. We will furthermore also adhere to the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”), for all of our South African clients.
Other than as stated below, we do not hold or use any information which you provide, or which we collect, outside South Africa, nor do we transfer it to, or share it with others third parties, except in good faith, when the law so requires. For our clients who fall outside of South Africa, the provisions pertaining to the protection of your personal information shall be adhered to, as provided for herein.
DEFINITION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
According to the Act ‘‘personal information’’ means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person. Further to the Protection of Personal Information Act, also includes the following items as personal information, which will be collected by Elquip Solutions , namely:
- All addresses including residential, postal, and email addresses.
- Name and Surname, Telephone Contact, Company Name.
- Account means a unique account created for you to access our service or parts of our service.
- Company (referred to as either "the company", "we", "us" or "our" in this agreement) refers to Elquip Solutions (Pty) Ltd, situated at our registered place of business.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Device means any device that can access the service such as a computer, a cell phone, or a digital tablet.
- Personal data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the company to facilitate the service, to provide the service on behalf of the company, to perform services related to the service or to assist the company in analysing how the service is used.
- Third-party social media service refers to any website or any social network website through which a user can log in or create an account to use the service.
- Usage data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the service or from the service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to www.archerinspirations.co.za
- You (referred to as either "you", "your", or "yours" in this agreement) means, the individual accessing or using the service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the service, as applicable.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Elquip Solutions has the following service(s):
- Electrical Components
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details through our website or coming in direct contact with one of our personnel. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us, and what information is optional.
We may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, which may be used to contact or identify you.
We may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information which may be used to contact or identify you. Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Usage Data
Your collected information will be stored on our Microsoft OneDrive which is protected through entering a password and fire walls set up by our IT department.
Website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information:
- Flash cookies. Certain features of our service may use local stored objects (or flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences, or your activity on our service. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for browser cookies.
- Web beacons. Certain sections of our service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages, or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
- Please take note that, on their own, cookies or web beacons do not contain or reveal any personal information, however, should you elect to provide us with personal information, same can be linked to the anonymous data stored in the cookies and/or web beacons. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, however, should you so prefer, you may adjust your browser settings accordingly, whereby it may reject cookies from us or from any other website.
- Furthermore, and in addition to the above, by setting your web browser to display html email(s) as text only, you may be able to prevent the use of some web beacons as well, however, please take note that certain areas of our website or service can only be accessed, in conjunction with cookies or similar devices.
- You herewith acknowledge, accept, and agree that we may (where and if applicable), passively collect some of your personal information from your device used in order to access and navigate through our website, by way of various technological means, for instance (but not limited to) using server logs to collect and maintain our/such applicable log information.
In line with the above, such personal information, which we may passively collect from your device may include (but not be limited to) your identifying information, contact details, device and device event information, site activity information, log information, telephonic log information, location information, unique application number(s) and/or any other information which you permit us, from time to time, to passively collect from your device(s) accordingly, and in terms hereof.
- To enrich and perfect your online experience, uses "Cookies", similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalised content, appropriate advertising, and store your preferences on your computer.
- A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor's computer, and that the visitor's browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you. In addition, where necessary your information may be retained for legal or research purposes.
- To gather contact information.
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes.
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice.
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research, or for statistical analysis.
- For audit and record keeping purposes.
- In connection with legal proceedings.
- To build our client data base.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the protection of personal information act.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With service providers: we may share your personal information with service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service, to contact you.
- For business transfers: we may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With business partners: we may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- With other users: when you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If you interact with other users or register through a third-party social media service, your contacts on the third-party social media service may see your name, profile, pictures, and description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you and view your profile.
- With your consent: we may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also disclose your information:
- Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes.
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
The security of your personal information is important to us, however, please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
Our security policies and procedures include but are not limited to:
- Physical security.
- Computer and network security.
- Access to personal information.
- Secure communications.
- Security in contracting out activities or functions.
- Retention and disposal of information.
- Acceptable usage of personal information.
- Governance and regulatory issues.
- Monitoring access and usage of private information.
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy, and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The personal data that you provide when using our website is retained until you ask us to delete it. If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving information from us, you are free to do so at any time. Download histories are retained indefinitely, however, should you request us to remove your information from our systems completely, you may request at any time, whereby same will then be removed from our systems. We do however reserve the right to request proof of your identification in such an instance, although, in most cases, an email from your official address will be sufficient.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Should you wish to make a data subject access request, please do so in writing, send it to the email or postal address shown below, clearly marking your correspondence as a data subject access request.
We won’t charge for data subject access requests, unless they are ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (e.g. repetitive), in which case we reserve the right to apply a charge. We will respond to your data subject access request within one month of receiving it. In the unlikely event that your request is particularly complex, a further two months may be required, however, we will keep you informed in such an instance.
YOUR RIGHTS: ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us at the numbers/addresses as provided on our website and specify what information you require. We will need a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee.
CORRECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to ask us to update, correct, or delete your personal information. We will require a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate.
DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We may share your personal data with exclusively selected third parties, in order to provide our services to you, however, your information will only be shared with the following third parties and for the following purposes:
- To the extent necessary for the purpose of providing you with information and for sending you future messages and content which may be of interest to you.
- The personal data which you provide us during your use of our website, may be transferred to third parties who we engage with, from time to time, to provide us with any services or facilities which we use for the purpose of administering our business, and providing our products and services to clients. (Such third parties may include but is not limited to, our CRM system and our email campaign management platform providers for example). We have similar agreements under GDPR and POPIA, in order to ensure that your information remains secure.
Elquip Solutions may collect statistics about the behavior of the visitors, making use of our website.
Elquip Solutions may display this information publicly or provide it to others, however, please note that Elquip Solutions does not disclose your personally identifying information, unless specifically stated or provided for herein.
HOW TO COMPLY WITH POPIA
The Act applies to any person or organisation who keeps any type of records relating to the personal information of anyone, unless those records are subject to other legislation which protects such information more stringently.
- Store personal data securely and minimize access to this data.
- Remove personal data where it is not required and where there is no current user consent.
- Respond to Subject Access Requests.
- Report any breaches or loss of personal data both to regulators and individuals.
THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a legal framework that sets guidelines for the collection and processing of personal information from individuals who live in the European Union (EU).
OTHER RELATED INFORMATION
This site is proudly sponsored by ELQUIP SOLUTIONS PTY LTD
The information published on this Website is provided for general purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. We make every effort to ensure that the content is up to date and accurate. Please consult with a legal representative for legal advice. During Our implementation We can, upon request from You, engage with privacy lawyers on Your behalf. We accept no responsibility for any loss or damage, whether direct or consequential, which may arise from reliance on the information contained in these pages.
Join our mailing list to keep up to date with latest POPIA developments and information around our business.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any queries about this notice, you need further information about our privacy practices, wish to withdraw consent, exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our website.